A downloadable game for Linux
Lost Cavern is an oldschool Roguelike where you play an ecological activist in a futuristic world who struggles with a huge multi-planetary corporation, MultiplexCorp, which is destroying an antic cavern to build a mysterious weapon...
Destroy the map to redraw your own with nuclear charges, fight bosses, take random drugs, collect legendary weapons and destroy the MultiplexCorp !
However, you are infected by a random disease with differents effects... don't forget to use vaccins !
*** This is a Beta version, feel free to contact me at S01den@protonmail.com if you have any suggestion or if you found bugs ***
A big screen is recommended. If the menus are weirdly displayed, try to launch in minimal mode (134*43) with ./LostCavern 1 The default keyboard type is QWERTY.
- Ascii-art graphics
- 4 types of monsters and 3 bosses
- Destructible environment
- Proceduraly generated cave
- Crafting system
- 10 armors and 15 weapons, with 3 levels of rarity
- NPC and Quests
- Random drugs (and hallucinogen !)
- 3 differents diseases
- Arrows to move
- zsqd to attack (aewx in diagonal) or qsad on a qwerty keyboard (to change the keyboard type, go to the menu and select the option "CHANGE KEYBOARD"), interact with a npc or destroy a wall
- 'c' to display the crafting menu
- ',' to dispaly the quest menu
- ESC to display the help menu
- ENTER to use your special power
- a number between 1 and 9 to use an object which is in your inventory
TRICKS & TIPS:
- Don't forget that you can (and should !) destroy walls.
- You must pick gems with a melee weapon.
- Use the shields ! (you can craft them in the crafting menu)
- Fire cancels radioactivity
- Block a sentry with shield and then kill it easily with ranged weapons
- The resistance of crystal armor and the damage of the crystal sword (two legendary items) depends on the number of gems the player owns.
- Guardians are stupid and follow you, so lure them into trap.
The game is open-source, however the code is very ugly...
Check here: https://github.com/S01den/Lost_CavernRL
Only available on Linux (for the moment...)
You should install libncurses5
(sudo apt-get install libncurse5dev)
Download the sources, type "make", and run the game (to use the minimal mode, type ./LostCavern 1)